REGGIE OLIVER: The Dracula Papers - mini review

The Dracula Papers, Book I: The Scholar's TaleThe Dracula Papers, Book I: The Scholar's Tale by Reggie Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Forget any preconceived notions that you may have by having watched endless Hammer Horrors - this is the real deal, a book that should be read by those who simply enjoy the act of reading.


Forget genre for this book is legion. Dramatic, bursting with intrigue and adventure, fear and superstition Oliver's debut novel is stunning and as a reader I can rejoice in the knowledge that 3 further volumes are forthcoming.

I should also note that folks should not be put off from reading this because of the historical setting. The main narrator of the tale, Dr Martin Bellorius, draws you into the world of Castle Dracula with ease. The wants, desires and needs of the characters are really no different to our own, reaching across time to win our hearts and minds.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts