NIGHT OF THE ASSHOLES: A Mini Review

Night of the AssholesNight of the Assholes by Kevin L. Donihe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to agree with John Skipp when he wrote that Night of the Assholes would be a great book to turn into a movie, not that surprising I guess since its an excellent parody of George Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

Without trying to give too much away, I would ditch the weird clock and rooms...I personally did not feel that these elements fitted in with the books main narrative and almost felt added to up the bizarro factor.

But this is a mater of personal taste and does not detract too much from the enjoyment of this short novel.

Highly recommended for fans of the both the original film and/or Tom Savani's remake.

Recommended to anyone who likes cult movies and books in general.

Night of the Assholes if adapted would make be an excellent double feature to David Whitman's Deadfellas, another book that I would certainly develop into a movie if possible.

Hell, read both books back to back for the movie in your mind.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts